Saturday, November 3, 2007

NaNo - Day 3

As of yesterday, RWAC NaNoers have a total word count of 27,197!!

Hope everyone is still hanging in there and adding to the word count. Getting a little tougher to find the magic in the story today. Seems a little dull, but planning on the first dead body showing up at the end of this chapter- so that should liven things up.

In the wake of the storm forecast for Atlantic Canada, I'm hunkered down with the computer for the day. Praying that it isn't as bad as predicted but expecting the worst. Knowing I have more time to write, I'm writing slower. I do think there is something to the idea of having only a finite amount of time to get your words written - you just sit down and get the work done.

How's everyone else on the first weekend day of NaNo?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've just crossed the 3000 mark for today and really want to try and hit another thousand words before the end of today. At the very least I'm going to cross the 10k mark today.

I hope the storm blows by without any problems and no one loses power. Stay safe and let me know how you are all making out.

Nikki Fig said...

I'm surprised I didn't lose power actually. Well, I guess maybe I shouldn't speak too soon!!

I didn't end up starting my writing until about 9:30 tonight -- cleaned up my yard before the storm hit and had some quality time with the little guy (we burned some of his favourite songs to a CD and then painted this really hideous Spongebob thing we're hanging on his wall) ... but I was surprised to see I still ended up making my word count goal.

So far, I'm still feeling good about Nano -- now let's see how I feel in week 3! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm still not sure about this new story. My hat is off to authors who can write more than one story at a time and do it well.

I'm struggling with all the switching between my two stories, but I am racking up the word count on both. Not sure if either story is making much sense at the moment though!! :-)