Tuesday, November 6, 2007

NaNo - Day 6: Questions to Ask

I just read Chris Baty's post on the NaNo site and he said he sat his characters down and asked each of them, what do they want more than anything else in the world, an exercise he's never done before. Interesting. I think that question is pretty standard in romance, but I always seem to be halfway through draft two before I ask it to my characters. Think I might try doing that a bit earlier this time. Like maybe today. But later today, because right now I have to go put a dent in my word count.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've read different suggestions about writing a journal from your character's POV, letters, interviews, etc. I haven't done anything that extensive. My characters surprise me and take over around Ch 3 or 4. I'm hoping that happens today.

Anonymous said...

I haven't done anything with this story except write. Probably why I have the feeling I'm floudering around in the dark! But I'm confident at some point it's going to start to make sense.:-)