Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What's In a Number

Just to give everyone a heads up, the word count on your computer might not end up being the same one reflected when you drop your manuscript into the trusty NaNoWriMo word counter. My computer word count reads 49,254 words, but when I put the manuscript into the word counter over at NaNo the final world tally was 49,198. Not a huge difference, but if anyone is hovering just around the 50,000 word count, you might want to give that extra push to build in a bit of a cushion, just in case the difference puts you under the 50K instead of over.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never gotten around to dropping my word count into the NaNo sight. I though you just did it when you completed the 50,000.

Anonymous said...

Me neither. Well, except on my NaNo profile, but that seems okay.

Wonder if it's just a glitch or how they count words, as you said.